Tuesday, October 22, 2013

of little sacrifices and granting wishes

I have been reading www.kellyaustria.com and learned that she and her group visited Mapedya Elementary School in Nueva Ecija to see if the place is in need of aid and also to deliver a water hose and a solar panel. It was during this trip that they were able to collect the Christmas wishes of the kids enrolled in the said school. You can read the full story of their visit to Mapedya here
Have a look at what the kids of Mapedya want for Christmas:



and this one wish simply broke my heart:


Payong (an umbrella). That's it. Nothing fancy. So I checked their facebook page and learned that they are looking for generous hearts to be ninongs and ninangs (sponsors) to grant the wishes of the kids of Mapedya. I volunteered to be the ninang of Tiny Joy. 




And that same day I committed to being her ninang, off I went to shop for the things on the list. Hope this brings great joy to a little girl named Tiny Joy. 

pink pink and more pink! I hope she is as girly as her name!
I skipped a venti frap and got myself the pink bag. I did not take a taxi on my way home and was able to buy the umbrella and the dress. I will not have my "spa day" this weekend because I spent the money meant for my 1 hour swedish massage to buy the slippers, shoes and school stuff. 

These kids don't want much. What they would want to have are the basic things they can use daily. Footwear, umbrellas and raincoats to protect them as they walk for 4 hours to get to school. Paper, pens, ruler and a bag to keep their stuff.

I am pretty sure some of you still have a few umbrella corporate give-aways from previous years that are just gathering dust. I will be more than glad to pick them up. Or hopefully some will be more willing to skip the nail art, the usual "2bottles" during fridays or the milk tea and instead buy a raincoat or an umbrella. 

"you have never really lived until you've done something for somebody who can never repay you".








1 comment:

  1. Very well done. Very well explained. I’ll definitely share it and personally suggest to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this web site.Your topic on India road trip day 9 vapi anand is very nice and helpful to us. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete