Monday, February 10, 2014

MONEY MONDAY : Week 6 of the 52 - week money challenge

HEALTH IS WEALTH!!!

It is the time of the year when I feel very grateful that I am not sickly. I just received my sick leave commutation! Out of the 15 days that I was entitled to last year, I only filed for 1 sick leave, so that means I will have extra money equivalent to 14 days!!! $$$

I can spend this money freely, no budgets, I can splurge, treat myself to a day in the spa or buy me a new pair of Jordans. But it seems like I am getting used to this saving habit. So after I have spent half it and kept some for my gym expenses,  I decided to save the rest too.

I bought me a new pair of shoes, a dress, a blouse and one of those collapsible storage wardrobes. I have saved a portion of it too for gym membership, something I did not initially include in my forecast of expenses for this year. But lately all this gym/boxing sessions has been giving me feel-good endorphins so I might as well include gym expenses. Besides who wouldn't want to spend a little more time sweating in the gym when...



and for those of you who do not know him,here's a glimpse at who this Daniel Matsunaga is...

www.showbiz-portal.com

Check your company's perks and benefits too, there might be some way to get extra cash. Take my company for example:

1. PERFECT ATTENDANCE -to ensure that our operations people are well motivated to go to work, we have a perfect attendance program. Every quarter, A PHP 250,000.00 cash prize is equally divided to all those who qualifies for the perfect attendance incentive. No sick leave, no unplanned leaves and no tardiness. Those who can maintain this for a whole year will share among them a PHP 400,000.00 cash prize! That is quite a lot I tell you.

2. SICK LEAVE COMMUTATION - Those like me whose middle name is "TARDY" might not be able to be a candidate for the perfect attendance incentive. I love going to work, it is just that there are times I am too lazy to get up early. But even if I am a bit under the weather and even if I sneeze my nose out, I would still report for work. Every year we are given a total of 15 days paid sick leave. All unused sick leave credits for the year are carried over to the following year. Anything in excess of 25 days will be paid in cash!

3. FRAUDULENT DOCUMENT DETECTION - I had my share of "NBI AGENT" moments back when I was still a check-in agent. This incentive program was put in place to avoid documentation related fines and charges. There is a PHP 1,000.00 incentive for every falsified, tampered or invalid document that an agent detects and has prevented from leaving the country.

4. TRAINING HONORARIUM -  Be a line trainer and get to be paid whenever you hold a class. I used to teach Dangerous Good Awareness Course, Departure Control System Course and Basic Ground Handling Courses. It may not be much but anything extra is welcome.

What incentive programs does your company offer?

Have a good week ahead... by the way, my jar now has PHP 525.00. How about yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment