Friday, March 30, 2012

of dates and travels

I have been blog hopping lately when I came across this one. http://www.solitarywanderer.com/
I can only wish to have a blog just like hers,and also wish I can go to all the places she has been to. Her latest entry, DATE A GIRL WHO TRAVELS got me nodding in approval plenty times over and can't help thinking that she is in a way talking about me too. Why? Here are the reasons why:

  • I can't remember the last time I bought a pair of nice party shoes. You know, those glitter-decorated types with very high heels. I'd rather save up for a trip to India. I would love to go to Paris, but not to shop, but to have myself photographed among authentic French kissers.
  •  I used to bring a backpack to work. Until i got promoted and had to bring a more corporate looking bag.  But I really love backpacks,I don't mind looking like a ninja turtle with a huge bag behind me. I used to date someone who have always wondered what's inside the huge and heavy bag my 4'11" frame always carries.  Well wonder no more, inside my backpack is a pack of wet tissues, a small bottle of alcohol, mouthwash,toothpaste,toothbrush, a pack of pineapple tidbits (a healthy snack, just in case i feel hungry), a bottle of water(traffic flow from where I work to where I live is unpredictable.. thirsty is unhealthy), a small notebook, a couple of pens, my pouch of over-the-counter medications...
  • I don't mind having my clothes soiled. I don't mind a bruise or two. I do not plan to join a beauty contest so I really don't mind getting scratched and wounded on a hike and later having a scar.
And yes, it doesn't take much to amaze me. Stargazing, long walks on the beach, a nice little hike... just the thought of doing these activities with someone special is enough to send shiver down my spine. If only someone would realize the joys of dating a girl who travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment