Wednesday, April 13, 2016

WELLNESS WEDNESDAY : all about water

"and don't forget to drink more water" ... I told everyone who took time to ask me about my weight loss. I am pretty sure everybody already knows the importance of drinking water. I found 10 benefits of drinking more water in an article on mindbodygreen.com and my favorites are the following: 
-promotes weight loss
-flushes out toxins
-improves skin complexion ( i heard Kris Aquino consumes at least 5 liters a day, no wonder her skin is radiant! ) 

Try as I may, I can not bring myself to drink 5 liters, I think the most I can is 3 liters a day. 

My day starts with a huge glass of water with 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar. 


I go about my daily morning rituals after. Prepare my stuff for work and take a shower. After my shower, I take another full glass this time with half a teaspoon of Herbalife Herbal Concentrate... or what I personally refer to as my fat burning tea. 


After taking my shake, I drink another small glass of water before I leave for work. In as much as I would like to drink more, I can't because I take public transport to work and stopping by a public toilet to pee is not always possible. There was even a time when I did pee all over myself at Ayala Station and had to go commando walking around Glorietta wearing my denim skirt and pee-soaked - squeaking- bubble gum pink Chuck Taylors. Until of course I had the chance to buy fresh set of undies and a pair of flipflops. 

It goes without saying that I always have with me my water bottle. 

Thankfully lemons are now on sale ( buy one take one at the supermarket!!! yey!) No I don't think that lemons can magically zap fats away, but it renders my water less boring. Aside from lemons, I also put fruits, or cucumber, or mint leaves... or anything else that can give my water a little taste... without the sugar. 

I try my very best to not drink flavored drinks, no iced tea, no lemonade, no soda... but I do drink coffee sometimes, especially when I am in a meeting. I drink more water once I am back home, twice as much when I am working out and one big glass before I sleep. 

so there... aside from replacing a meal with my herbalife shake,i drink water! a lot of it, like i am paid to do so.

By the way I have already started my #21dayshakechallenge version 2.0. Aside from another 21 days of replacing a meal with herbalife shake, i am also going to add more physical activities to my daily routine. And what better way to start my shake challenge than to: 



to have it at 525 meters above sea level after a tiring 2-hour trek. Since I am aiming high , might as well take day 1 of my 21 day shake challenge at the highest point I have ever been to... so far. 







No comments:

Post a Comment