Saturday, April 23, 2011

running away

     I have been wanting to try running for the longest time, and with Ma'am Emily's encouragement and cheerful support, I bravely went pavement pounding last April 10 and successfully finished my first 5k run.

My company decided to send participants to this run...


With free registration fee, free shuttle service, the chance to bond with my colleagues in a healthy environment plus a hearty breakfast, I must say I chose the best way to kick start my running. My official time read 46.09. not bad for a first time runner... Not bad at all for someone who almost gave up when, after feeling like running my legs out, I saw the 1k marker...hahaha

I'm running out of words , I will just let the following photos tell my story.

T'was still dark, we were waiting for our run to start, gray numbers are for 5 k, green for 3k.




A few seconds before we officially started to run... With pretty mommy Joy!

Happy finisher! 




After everybody has finished, we all went to a nearby parking lot where our shuttle was parked for a little bit more picture-taking before we had our breakfast.





Friends for more than a decade....

Now this what we were served for breakfast,

Of course I ate the banana first!

I didn't have a camera that day, so all these photos were right-clicked from Meg, Elaine, Tin and Sir Eric!

Next up:
Yup, I will be running in the ALASKA FUN RUN with my 10-year old nephew. I love the fact that he is more excited than I am. I hope to have time to blog about this too.

4 comments:

  1. it looks fun. i wanna try running too!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. super trying hard lang ako.. but i think from where you are gailie, mas fresh ang air, mas ok magtatakbo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope i can sheryl! hahaha at least until the end of summer... rainy season will definitelt limit my pavement pounding days!

    ReplyDelete