Tuesday, April 26, 2011

UA... Unbelievably Annoying

I have been trying my very best not to write about stuff that concerns my work.. but my experience this morning is something that I can't afford to not share.
The customer service of UNITED AIRLINES sucks big time. Call their ticketing hotline and I bet all my little toes you will end up using up all the patience you have allocated for the entire year.. no make that for the entire decade.
Read on and find out what made me lose every bit of my sanity

0918h - I called their ticketing hotline and was told that I was "important to them" but I will have to wait since all their agents are engaged.

0922h - A certain Kelvin took my call. I explained to him that I am from a ground handling company in manila and that the flight that I was handling will depart in 25 minutes. I informed him that I have a parent and an infant traveling together but the infant's ticket was not yet rerouted and can not be used on our flight. After giving him the necessary information (ticket number , name..stuff like that) I was again placed on hold.

0930h - Now a girl named Mabel told me that their Chicago office has been made aware of my concern and that they are working on it. And then I was ... well right guess! Placed on hold.

0940h - Mabel gave me a series of numbers, and advised me that the rerouted ticket for the infant has been issued and can now be used on our flight. I thanked her profusely.  Great! looks like our flight will not be delayed. So the passenger was allowed to board the flight.

0943h - Since I was confident that the tickets are now in order,I attended to dispatching the flight first.  After all the passengers have boarded and the flight was awaiting pushback, I started to amend the infant's record.  This is when I saw that the new ticket that Mabel gave me was voided.

0945h - My 5-foot frame was filled with panic as I raced back to the telephone to contact United Airlines again. The phone rang and once again I was made aware of my "importance" to them and I waited to be attended to.

and waited...
and waited...
and waited...

1105h - At last! Kelvin took my call again. As i started to introduce myself, Kelvin sounded something like -yeah yeah so what do you want now--- But when I informed him that the ticket information that his colleague gave me was voided, he too got the shock of his life.

1110h - I was again transferred to Mabel. She apologized for the booboo and told me that she will again get in touch with their Chicago office. She then asked for my contact details, but I decided to stay on the line and wait. So I once again waited....

and waited...
and waited... 
and waited...

1205h - Mabel gave me the details of the new ticket of the infant... but before that sarcasm filled the airport. I might have threatened to take her life too... or maybe not. I can't be sure, maybe I was already hallucinating since I haven't eaten anything since I reported for duty at 6am.

2 hours and 20 minutes.  I spent 2 hours and 20 minutes with 1 hand holding the phone against an ear and the other hand wiping away the tears that was already streaming down my cheeks... yup I cried... out of frustration... and maybe because I can not believe that such incompetence exist! 





2 comments:

  1. you cried? that must been horrible! I guess you just cried because you are hungry hahahaha... i would!

    - Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. so hungry I almost took the phone's keypad piece by piece and chewed my frustration and hunger away!

    ReplyDelete