Thursday, September 6, 2012

Tweet-to sotto

My 3 latest tweets are about Senator Vicente "Tito" Sotto III. I find his act of plagiarizing a blog and tagalazing a speech very disturbing. They say hate the deed, not the dude... But how tito-sen defends his misdeeds is more bothersome than the deed itself. Don't get me wrong, I do not have a deep-seated hatred against this actor-turned politician. As a child, I even had dreams of meeting him and exchanging banter with him in the question and answer portion of little miss Philippines in the noontime variety show that he used to actively host. But I was never really an uber cute child, so I never really thought I'd pass the audition. I guess at a very early age, I have already manisfested my fear of rejection.
I am guilty of cyber bullying him... does he deserve it? maybe. Because I am not huge fan of plagiarism. I know that this blog of mine is not something that the Mr. Sotto would copy.  I know I may not live to see a 6-digit figure on my blog view counter because I am aware that not too many are interested with my random ramblings. But at least I can say that the things I write are all my ideas: wrong grammar, incoherent thoughts and spelling errors included. I do follow some very nicely written blogs and I do sometimes get my inspiration on what to write about from these "plagiarisable" blogs. But I always always state the source... and link them too... because those little counters that tell how many took time to read his posts is a treat to a blogger.
I am pretty sure Mr. Sotto will not be happy if someone else will claim to have thought of the teamup word game "Pinoy Henyo". So please Mr. Senator... don't just copy-paste, at least have the decency to paraphrase. and please give credit to where credit is due... cite your sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment