Thursday, March 21, 2013

Now I am talking Greek - GO GREEK at Glorietta

Foodie = Friday... But I can not wait until Friday to write a post about this new discovery. I am not very adventurous when it comes to food. I am comfy with the familiar. The words gyros and baklava literally and figuratively well... Sounds Greek to me. 

Can't remember the last time I ate at food choices. No, I am not trying to say that I no longer visit foodcourts. Quite the contrary as I am a huge fan of Pao Tsin's fried shark's fin dumplings. I also had a grand time stall-hopping at Robinson's Magnolia's foodcourt. Today I had the chance to eat at Glorietta 4. Instinctively, my legs dragged me to where I remember World Chicken was located... Luckily, my friend suggested we try Go Greek.

photo grabbed from foodums.ellaganda.com

Before we were able to get to this side of the food court, I can't help but be annoyed by the presence of  small groups of people who occupy most of the tables at the food court. You know those lovely couples sharing a tub of fries occupying a table meant for four, more so those group of full-grown men with not a single food item bought from the food court but occupies the spaces meant for those who plan to eat and are just trading magic cards. 2 words : grow up ! Or  otherwise 10 words: go find an appropriate place to display your geek encounters!

Going back to Go Greek, I settled for the mixed meat gyros. I am a huge shawarma fan, so yeah it is basically similar to a shawarma, but so much better I thought the Greek gods worked doubly hard to create them. Well I have yet to taste an authentic shawarma, as in fresh from Persia (sorry, forgive my ignorance if shawarma did not originate from Persia, yes i know I can google it..but I am too lazy to click open another tab) but this one had me at first bite! The pita is thicker, but the meat was so tasty! One bite and I instantly knew that I have added yet another reason for me to go to Santorini!

I plan to try the kebab (meat skewers) next time.. and maybe the moussaka (eggplant lasagna) and being the chicken freak that I am, I do hope to try the lemon chicken roast too. Really if someone wants to bring me out on a date, and have me smiling like a well-fed hippo,food choices is the place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment