Thursday, November 8, 2012

US Visa Application - Part 4 : Prepare for the interview

After the interview appointment has been set, you will need to print your confirmation letter as this will be the one that you will need to present. Stated on this letter are the documents that you need to bring with you to the embassy on the day of the interview. I was just asked to bring my passport. But it also stated that I can bring other documents that may be required to support my case. For this I have prepared my payslips, an employment certificate, bank statements and proof of ownership of real property. I went as far as memorizing my cousin's (the person I stated in my application that I plan to visit) home address and where she works. I also asked my cousin where she plans to take me (popular tourist spots) should I be granted a visa, although honestly, a trip to Victoria's Secret for lingerie shopping and to Bath and Body for body splash overload will be exciting enough for me... And of course, outlet store, outlet store, outlet store! It would be nice to be able to watch an NBA game too.
I tried to be as organized as I could possibly be with my documents. My mom, who clearly has more organizational skills than me, had her documents in a clearbook. I was told to only present documents when the interviewer asks for it,  so the last thing you would want is to fumble while looking for your documents. They say an interview would last for only 3 minutes, I don't think the interviewer would patiently wait without getting pissed if you take your time in finding the document that she needs to see.
The night before the interview, I called up some friends who have gone through the experience of applying for a visa too. They just told me to relax and to be early for my appointment.  After preparing the folder containing all my documents, I also prepared the clothes that I will be wearing.
Washed my face, brushed my teeth, whispered a prayer, set my alarm to go off at 4:30am, checked my fb and twitter one last time and tried to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment