Saturday, November 24, 2012

my Christmas Wishlist

Should the 2012 Mayan Calendar Doomsday (December 21, 2012) be wrong; these are the stuff that I wish kind-hearted Santa would give me for Christmas:


I would love to think that I am a pretty decent cook, after all, the stuff I cook that I share with my staff are always a hit, either they do taste good or 20% of our company's population have dysfunctional tastebuds. Lately, as inspired by yellowcab's twice baked potato halves, I have been baking...well potato halves. But I have plans to bake a pie sometime soon too. But the thought of pre-heating the oven scares the chef-wannabe in me. The few times I used our oven, I had to ask my mom to pre-heat it. My cousin asked me to bake some potatoes for her and asked me to do it in their kitchen. Instead of using their conventional oven, I got to use a simpler electric one with the same results. So this one will probably make me want to spend more kitchen-time. And yes it might be true that I get inspired to cook when I am inlove,this time around, it would be really nice if I really am love -struck, but truth is, I am just carb-struck!


I read somewhere that if a Virgo does not find time to lose weight, weight will find them.. and I concur. That is why I am always trying to be active in sports and to eat healthy, at least include fruits in my diet. But I really can not finish a whole apple, or chew on a cucumber. If I have a juicer, I could just swallow it and try to keep it down by pinching my nose. you know these healthy stuff are not always a tasty treat. 




Bath and Body works' white citrus and Nenuco colognes. I used to be a fan of heavy perfumes, but lately, these sweet-smelling stuff has caught my fancy. 


My penmanship used to be very very very bad. But since it has dramatically improved and I now write more legibly, I have come to be a bit particular about my writing instruments. Back in college, I used to collect pens and I have come to love pens by Pilot and Zebra. Working with schedules and plottings, I find these 4 in 1 pens with fine points (.5) heaven sent. 



Call me a wimpy kid, but in this electronic age of tablets and iPADs , I still do keep a traditional diary. The Starbucks diary has always been very appealing, but the kuripot side of me wins over my desire to get that diary. 1st I am not a die-hard coffee fan. Sure they may be times I crave for caffeine, but a 3-in-1 coffee mix can fix that craving.And 2nd, I do not have plenty of time to drop by Starbucks. Back when I was in Macau, I always dropped by a shop in Taipa near Wa Bao that sells school and office supplies. I brought home a couple of these dainty planners that I bought from that shop. It's been 5 years, I have used all of them. 

Keeping my fingers crossed that I am on Santa's "nice" list!







No comments:

Post a Comment