Sunday, February 17, 2013

Post - VD blah blah

To be perfectly honest, I have yet to experience a kick-ass Valentine's day celebration, you know those types that would make other girls turn green with envy. Nor have I been given a huge bouquet of flowers, not that I am a sucker for flowers,... they do look nice, but i feel they are way too pricey and does not really have much to offer but aesthetic value. No, I am not being bitter, I am just being practical. 
So it goes without saying that the past VD went by just like any other Thursday on any given workweek. But it doesn't mean that I did not indulge myself in all the mushiness that surrounded me that day. And this was probably the most note-worthy love-related post I saw on Facebook that day. 

"A boy and a girl were playing together, The boy had a collection of marbles, and the girl had some sweets with her.  The boy told the girl that he will give her all her marbles in exchange for his sweets. The girl agreed. 

The boy kept the biggest and most beautiful marble aside and gave the rest to the girl, but the girl gave him all her sweets as she had promised.

That night, the girl slept peacefully, but the boy couldn't sleep as he kept wondering if the girl had hidden some sweets from him the way he had hidden his best marble."



Click here to see where I got this story

"Moral of the story:
If you don't give your 100% in a relationship, you'll always keep doubting if the other person has given his / her 100%."

To risk it all, to love without inhibitions, and to just put your trust that everything will be all good... easier said than done I guess. Maybe, at a certain point, I too have given all my sweets and slept peacefully, never really cared if I was given all the marbles that I deserved... after all, it only takes a few marbles to make me happy. So now I am saving up on sweets again, so someday, I hope soon, I can again sleep peacefully, not because I know I have given all my sweets as promised, but because I am sleeping with someone who has given me all his marbles. 

mush mush mush





No comments:

Post a Comment