Sunday, February 3, 2013

a whole new world

neglected, abandoned, deserted, forgotten, forsaken... i have ran out of words to describe how my blog probably feels. 

Did I have a very boring 2012 ending? Not really. Was there nothing to write?  Truth is I was self-regulating my posts...a little self-censorship if I may say. It all happened a week after my last post. I signified my intent to bid for a senior manager position in the operations department. Something I felt confident that I can handle. Went through the process of taking an exam and being interviewed by a 5-member panel of senior managers. A few days later, I was told that I did not get the position.  

Not a week passed and I was again being summoned by the GM. I was told that I may not have been considered for the position I have initially applied for but they would want to offer me the marketing manager position. It was something I was not expecting. Yes I graduated with a degree in marketing, but I was not sure if all the SWOT analyses I did in college was enough experience for me to be able to survive marketing. And while I found time to review the 4 P's of marketing, it was a shock to know that they have grown in number and that I now have to consider 3 more P's! 

 I guess I somewhat survived the initial shock and has now pretty much adjusted to the following:
  1. Mix and Matching my clothes since I am not supposed to wear the uniform anymore.
  2. Being with Mac 24/7... Yup, they gave me a macbook... nice isn't it? Of course, since I need to check my email before I sleep and the minute I wake up. 
  3. Meeting... after meeting... after meeting. Breakfast meeting, followed by lunch meeting. My mom knows how much I eat during these meetings now she has restricted my food intake during my days off.
  4. Spell check, grammar check...
Still a lot of adjusting to do. I miss my operations group, I miss not having to think about what to wear. But since I now have time to blog; I guess it is safe to say I am starting to be comfy in this new world I am in.





No comments:

Post a Comment