Saturday, October 6, 2012

love at first oily bite

ZARK'S BURGERS !!! Got introduced to this place only last July when they offered the jawbreaker promo. A burger that has 3 patties,bacon,spam...the works, that normally costs 250pesos was being sold for only 150pesos. I wanted to try it, but it was such a great hit that we needed to find the right connection for us  to get to experience it.  I have to admit though that I was a huge failure with the jawbreaker.It was just too much for me. 

For my birthday, considering the huge appetite of my sister and my nephews, I decided to treat them to Zark's too.  


Situated just across DLSU, This place is filled with memorabilia and photos of archers in basketball action. I doubt if an Atenean will feel at home

Notice the catsup dispenser's missing nozzle? This is not a place for Posh Spice but a haven for hungry vikings!

The famous Jawbreaker! 3 patties, bacon, spam, tomatoes,cheese, lettuce, mushroom .... If you think you can finish this in 5 minutes (including the huge serving of fries and a glass of lemon iced tea), then take the jawbreaker challenge and pay nothing for your calorific meal! 

My personal favorite. Double cheeseburger, with mushroom,caramelized onions, lettuce and tomato! Just right for me. I was able to finish this thing without feeling like a bloated blowfish ready to throw up! 

This too looked promising! flame-grilled half-pound black pepper crusted patty. That crunchy looking thing sticking out is a slice of bacon... breaded and deep-fried to crunchy perfection. Got so inspired by this I am thinking of having deep-fried bacon for breakfast some time soon! 

I am not a huge nacho fan but this was a welcome treat too.

3 weeks after my dinner with my nephews, I also brought my airport staff for a very late September birthday celebration. There were 3 of us who turned a year older and the initial plan was to have a pizza feast at Yellow Cab. But we later realized Yellow Cab may not be able to satisfy the group's appetite and most of them got curious with my Zark's stories so we then decided to bring the group to Taft Avenue. Most of them tried the jawbreaker (but none was brave enough to take the 5-minute challenge) but only 3 guys were able to finish the whole thing. most of them left a patty untouched, there was even one who obviously got overwhelmed by the size and only managed to eat the spam! We ordered a total of 25 burgers (including take out for those who were on duty and were not able to join us)and paid less than 6000 pesos. Not bad since we all went home with overstuffed tummies! 

I have only tried 2 Zark's burgers so far, and I plan to try more! They have one wrapped in bacon, patties in between Krispy Kreme donuts, burgers with blue cheese dressing... but I doubt if I will have enough courage to try their tombstone burger! Does the name intrigue you? Have a look at their menu and see if you can handle it.



No comments:

Post a Comment