Monday, January 20, 2014

MONEY MONDAY : Week 3 of the 52-week money challenge

How's the jar so far? Mine got 75 pesos richer last Friday.

Last week I promised that I will share what I want to buy with my jar money. I initially planned to spend all my jar money to welcome 2015 differently. Like check-in with my family in a hotel, grab a sumptuous dinner ( buffet maybe) watch some fireworks and sleep in a room with really nice fluffy beddings and the softest pillows! But that was before I realized that the math wizard in me took a vacation and that I made a mistake in computing my year-end savings. I thought that after the 52-week period, I will have a little something over 26,000.00. After realizing my mistake, turns out I will have exactly 34,450! Now that may be too much to be spending on just one night. And besides, for me the highlight of this checking-in thing is me sleeping on the nice bed.

I had quite my share of duty travels. And if some might find it an opportunity to be able to explore a new place for free, I on the other hand consider it a treat to be spending time lounging around in my room. Remote control in my hand, and me tossing and turning on nice comfy beds. PERFECT! So instead of splurging all my savings on just one comfy night in a hotel room, I have decided to buy myself a new bed! 

The last time I bought a bed was 7 years ago. My mom picked a single bed for me.  I was used to sleeping on a king sized bed with at least 4 pillows but since I downgraded, I had to give up 1 pillow. In 2012, my mom upgraded her bed and I got to use her old queen size bed frame. My tita was kind enough to buy me a new mattress, unfortunately it was smaller than what my bed frame requires. Not complaining here, after all beggars can't be choosy. So for more than 2 years now I have been using this bed. And I think it is time for an upgrade. And that is how I will spend my jar money.  I have yet to go around to find the perfect bed frame, but as of now, what I have in mind is similar to this and I plan to have a picture of this bed frame pasted on my jar:


  photo grabbed from  classicmoderninterior.com

My cousin Carlo said it is important to have a reason for doing this 52-week challenge. And I agree with him 100%. You can't say that you are doing it "just because", because if you are, I am pretty sure that it will be so easy for you to just give up and not finish the whole 52-week. I think we all need to have something to look forward to, something we would want to have, for us to stay motivated to finish the challenge. 

Me, I am so looking forward to sweeter dreams and better nights, by myself ... or with someone (I swear I do not mind sharing) ... in 2015. 

I have hurdled 3 weeks... 49 weeks to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment