Friday, October 12, 2012

FOODIE FRIDAY - say it with donuts

I am ignoring that red line under the word donut. I will spell it the way I grew up associating everything that is colorful,round with a hole in the middle and diabetes-inducing sweet with Dunkin' Donuts. 
For a time Dunkin' dominated the my donut world. Mister Donut was also a part of that world, because it was readily available at 7-11 branches. Then came Go Nuts Donuts, and I really went nuts for their amazing glaze and pastillas flavored donuts. Then came Krispy Kreme DoUGHnuts. What's with the UGH? Goodbye amazing glaze for this additional UGH gave me the "world-famous-melt-in-your-mouth-doughnut" ... Krispy Kreme's original glazed.  I have yet to try the newest kid on my donut block... J. Co Donuts. I always pass by their MOA branch and I am not exaggerating when I say that the lines are too long. Yes I am curious to try it, but patience is a virtue I do not have. It is still so hyped-up so everybody wants to be the first to try.  Besides, I have yet another donut place.
Not too crowded and serves me the best cheese flavored donuts. And it can get cheesier. I first learned about this place when my nephew came home with a box with little donuts spelling out I - L-O-V-E-Y-O-U ... or something to that effect. This was a present from his girlfriend. 
Sweeter that your average sweet without making your bloodsugar shoot up. I also did the same for my group. With the knowledge that we will be having burgers for dinner, and eventually will be needing something sweet for dessert, I asked my cousin ken to visit Cello's Doughnuts & Dips branch near Zark's burgers and had this 1 made:


Cute isn't it? I was able to convey my message of thanking my team and everybody got their fair share of dessert. I even got to take 2 donuts! I tried the A of "thank" cheese flavored, yummy , yummy , yummy and also the N of "NH", finely crushed m&m's ... I still like the cheese. 
I think they are famous for the cheese and oreo topped donuts. The usual round donuts are readily available. But if you want something like this done, you have give them at least 3 hours lead time. Each letter cost 30 pesos. Feel like shouting out your message? Get them in bigger letters for 45 pesos each.
Sweet Friday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment